Remove and Delete .torrent + data is too aggressive in v. 1.2!

bobholm

Remove and Delete .torrent + data not only deletes the torrent file and the data; it also deletes my "torrentloadsdone" folder with everything in it. Can the aggressiveness of this feature be toned down so that the completed downloads folder is not deleted and other data in the folder is also not deleted?

u mean it delete everything in the completed folder ? i havnt try it but isnt that realli a bug? do other ppl encounter that?

Yes, it deletes everything in the folder and the folder itself. And this IS the found bugs forum, is it not? I have no idea what happens for other people.

Yes, it deletes everything in the folder and the folder itself. And this IS the found bugs forum, is it not? I have no idea what happens for other people.

Is this the "put new downloads in..." folder, or the "move completed downloads to..." folder?

To test this, I put two files in a new folder, and seeded one of them. Then I did remove torrent + data. It seemed to work properly, leaving the containing folder and the unrelated file alone. I'm too scared to try it with my "put new downloads in..." folder right now, though ^_^'

Yes' date=' it deletes everything in the folder and the folder itself. And this IS the found bugs forum, is it not? I have no idea what happens for other people.[/quote']

Is this the "put new downloads in..." folder, or the "move completed downloads to..." folder?

To test this, I put two files in a new folder, and seeded one of them. Then I did remove torrent + data. It seemed to work properly, leaving the containing folder and the unrelated file alone. I'm too scared to try it with my "put new downloads in..." folder right now, though ^_^'

how about copying one set of ur completed downloads and try it out? i wish i can try right now...but i am at work =[

i believe he is refering to "move completed downloads to..."

Yes' date=' it deletes everything in the folder and the folder itself. And this IS the found bugs forum, is it not? I have no idea what happens for other people.[/quote']

how about copying one set of ur completed downloads and try it out? i wish i can try right now...but i am at work =[

i believe he is refering to "move completed downloads to..."

That is correct. This is completely different from uTorrent's habit of deleting all torrents except seeds from the "put new downloads in" folder every time I log off. That is a separate problem.

I am now using a "TorrentOrigs" folder in which I download torrents. Then, when I'm ready to start another torrent, I double-click it and µTorrent starts it. I run torrents in alphabetical order, since that's the order in which they appear in the folder, and that way when I have to put the torrents back into µTorrent when I restart it, I know which ones to click on. I no longer use del all finished data and torrent but just hit the delete button, eliminating the problem of deleting the "TorrentsDone" folder, and delete the finished files manually after copying them to other folders from which they can be burned to DVD or CD. These are the only workarounds I've found for these bugs.

Archived