How to set port forwarding in router?

trueman

I just downloaded 677 mbs of an 686mb file. But now it wont download anymore and gives me a NAt error.

Im trying to set port forwarding up in my router but Im not sure what I should put in for the IP address.

Here is what the router tells me to do.

Type the service name in the Service Name box.

Type the beginning port number in the Starting Port box.

If the application uses only a single port; type the same port number in the Ending Port box.

If the application uses a range of ports; type the ending port number of the range in the Ending Port box.

Type the IP address of the computer in the Server IP Address box.

Click Apply button.

Should I use a range of ports or just one and what Ip address should I use, My static IP with my ISP, The routers IP? Im not sure.

Also why would it download all night long without a problema nd now start to give me a nat error?

Thanks for the help,

Trueman.

Thanks for that I used the guides in port forwarding to set it up and now instead of saying NAT error it says Network OK. However the file still wont download. I will wait and see what happens.

hey one more question can you tell me what DHT Status: Announce in 18 minutes (got 9 peers) actually means?

EDIT by silverfire: please do not double post

Silverfire,

What double post? This post was about a NAT error that I keep getting. Once that was fixed I was going to ask my second question about the file not downloading the last 9 mbs but thought as its really a different subject I should start a new post on it. I dont see how you can call that a double post. I didnt even mention the NAT error in my second post.

Originally there were multiple posts in a row that I merged into a single post, so you don't see two posts in a row anymore.

Originally these were the two posts:

Thanks for that I used the guides in port forwarding to set it up and now instead of saying NAT error it says Network OK. However the file still wont download. I will wait and see what happens.
hey one more question can you tell me what DHT Status: Announce in 18 minutes (got 9 peers) actually means?

So I merged those two into a single post =\

Archived