No incomming conections

cooldude

Hello

I installed utorrent

allowed utorrent in my firewall

I have a direct internet connection to modem ''I'm not ussing a router''

and i get this message

Checking port 65535 on --.---.---.--...

Error! Port 65535 does not appear to be open.

Please see www.portforward.com for more information about how to map a port.

Please make absolutely sure that PeerGuardian2 or Protowall is allowing utorrent.com (72.20.34.145) in either of those programs. Those of you using ipfilter.dat should make sure the list does not include the website's IP. After making sure of this, re-run this test by refreshing the page (F5).

can somebody help solving this problem

thanks in advance

Im using windows firwall

and in the settings µTorrent is listed as allowed

im ussing kaspersky Antivirus 6.0

Im conected to others because i can dnl and upl

this seems to be ok except for the problem that

µTorrent is saying that i have no incoming connections:)

I have tried various poorts with no results

Welcome to the µTorrent Port Checker.

A test will be performed on your computer to check if the specified port is opened.

Checking port 55555 on --.---.---.--...

Error! Port 55555 does not appear to be open.

Please see www.portforward.com for more information about how to map a port.

Please make absolutely sure that PeerGuardian2 or Protowall is allowing utorrent.com (72.20.34.145) in either of those programs. Those of you using ipfilter.dat should make sure the list does not include the website's IP. After making sure of this, re-run this test by refreshing the page (F5).

my settings in CTRL+G are xx/384k

but how comes that i whas able too get it good for short period.

and after restart i get no incomming connections

this should my provider give me

Max download 3072 kb/sec (ca. 382 kB/sec)

Max upload 256 kb/sec (ca. 30 kB/sec)

I asked about the settings because I was supecting that you were running µt with wrong settings.

doing so can result in the problems that you described; that it works for some time wll but then it fucks up with incomming connections.

And as you can see here if you only have 256k upload, then you should not run the xx/384k setting in µT but the xx/256k setting. The value is meant for the UPload in kilobits.

Change that dropdownvalue and see how µT behave in the future. Note however that periodicly changings from green to yellow and back are to a certain degree normal based on the kind of torrent and swarm you are encountering.

i have set the settings too xx/256k

but this make no differents.

still have the same problems.

after reading ultimas post

Start > Run > cmd /k ipconfig /all

my settings where xx/384k and then out of the blue the connections where ok (green) so i shut down µT and restart it again.

than i had the same problem no incomming connections :(

as I said, no incomming connections for some time is NOT an error. you have a "real" internet connection given your IP address, and i doubt that your dutch ISP has some conneciton killing boxes between you and the net. Unless the indicator turns red in µT everthing is fine if it switches from time to time. That the browser GUI testpage shows closed can also be that your ISp uses a proxy and you aren't testing that page on your actuall IP!

just make sure you run the right speeds.

OK I have tried and did set up my belkin router with the port,Following the instructions on the port forwarding page and Istill cant get the green light .My router is set up the way they said to set it up as far as I know ,.PLEASE HELP<HELP<HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived