Few questions

newagespidey

1. Whats a good upload speed while seeding? Mine range from 25 kbs to .01 kbs. Is this normal? My isp is brighthouse cable. My up and down speeds are 1003/486 Kbps

2. I use utorrent. when seeding and I look at the peers column, I see something like this 2(102). What can I adjust to to make myself able to connect to more peers. I want to be able to upload and maintain high ratios. With my upload speed dragging butt, I find it hard maintaining a good ratio

Thanks. I tried all the things in the guide except for the dynamic Ip. I will try that and see what happens

Another question I have is whenever I use Utorrent, my computer slows to a crawl if I try to dl email or access websites. Any idea what causes that?

I am running 2 gig of ram and have athlon 64 X2 dual core processor 5200 + 2.60 mhz

1003/486 Kbps

1003 divided by 8 =125.37 (8 bits to a byte) 80% of 125.37=100.29 <---this is what you set your download speed at. (so you have some overhead to use your browser and internet related things.

486 divided by 8 =60.75 80% of 60.75=48.60 <-----this is what you set your upload speed at.

lower your global max to 500 I have a dual pIII with 1.5 gigs ram and these settings work for me. People with a single processor 400 should work fine.

static IP, port-forwarding and expert rules in your firewall should fix your other problem.

athlon run hot i would suggest extra exhaust fans in the case i have 5 in my case and NEVER overclock them. I'm a newbie with Utorrent also but, a pro with bitTornado.

Archived