UPnP- Ports Not Closed on Exit

GHammer

µTorrent always opens its ports via UPnP just fine.

When closed the port is not closed.

When I start µTorrent again, even days later, the log shows the port is open already.

All other apps that use UPnP here are able to close their ports, µTorrent should too.

I have changed ports, and have reset the router to factory to make certain all is ok with it. I still have the port left open after µTorrent exits.

Any ideas?

Yes, I suppose it could be. However, every other program that uses UPnP here works well, so it is a low likelyhood. Plus, µTorrent does everything except close the port on exit.

[08:14:19] UPnP: Discovered new device: http://10.10.100.1:80/upnp/control3

[08:14:19] UPnP: Port 49149 is already mapped. Not re-mapping.

I do not want ports open through the router on a permanent basis. If I did, I wouldn't use UPnP.

I think we are getting away from the point. I'm aware of workarounds for the problem.

Point is, all other apps that use UPnP on my system are able to inquire, open, and close ports on my router.

µTorrent is not able to do so, the log doesn't show it even tries to close its port. It is a problem with µTorrent, and has been for a few builds.

Start µTorrent with no torrents, so no other activity.

I see the router is found, I see that the port is open already as it has not been closed.

I right click and choose log to file.

Exit µTorrent

The resulting log file is empty.

No, it does not shut the port ever. As I have pointed out, if I change the port the new port will be opened by µTorrent then all subsequent runs will show the port already open.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived