Yet another slow upload post

TheBigCarp321

Hey all. I am using utorrent and trying to get y upload speed to go to the fullest amount it can be. I have a green icon in the bottom, the port is properly forwarded but sometimes I just cant get over 40kB/s upload. I have the capacity to upload at 190kB/s because sometimes it uploads that fast. Im trying to upload on a torrent with this info: Seeds 0(60) and Peers 21(340). Is there a reason why sometimes it uploads really fast and times where it uploads really slow?

Comcast has something called SpeedBoost that temporarily doubles-sextuples your download and upload speed for a limited period of time. To learn more about it in relation to bittorrent, I made a thread about it in the Features Request forum last night in relation to BitTorrent.

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=22686

The feature I requested is actually not useful due to another feature behaving essentially the same way, but I'm working on configuring that to work correctly. But, I did include a bunch of information about how it works.

Basically, you'll get really fast speeds once in a while.

Hey thanks for that post. That is interesting non the less, but is it possible to get my uploads to max out a something other than 40kB/s because when i had 384kbps upload with comcast thats what it maxed out as permanantly, but now it seems with 768 upload it still is that way.

Well I just called them and they said we do have you up as 6mb/768kbps we are not sure why your seeing slow upload speeds. LOL Typical answer. I dunno they said I did it 2 days ago so to give it a day lol. After that I got mad and was like whatever. So yeah I dunno. Forwarded the port and that didnt fix it either, my max is about 45 up. Thanks for the tips though :)

If that doesn't work, ask them if you can get a new modem. Sometimes, if it is an old DOCSIS 1.0 or 1.1 modem, the caps aren't updated correctly remotely, and then the only option is really a manual uncap, which is suspiciously illegal, or a new modem from the company, which assuming you are renting it, should be either free or cheap.

ok so yeah get this. I called them one more time (3rd person Ive spoke with) and they said that they do not offer 768 up on the 6 mb package. I asked them why 2 people have told me otherwise and he said that he wasnt sure. So yeah, I hate comcast...even more than before. I have more respect for bank robbers, at least they dont lie lol...

Archived