net slows completely down while tracker is running.

küsimus

hi!

anybody knows what might be the problem/reason? net(browser) is almost unaccessable (have to wait a minute for pages to completely load) even when theres nothing downloading on tracker.

aslo, do i have to have a static ip to get more/better connections/speeds?

i recently had to use windows repair. before that browsers and tracker worked fine while running simultaneously.

thanks!

i tried those before i made this topic.

- Disable IP resolving in the Peers tab

tried

-----------

- Try disabling DHT (Can be found in Preferences > BitTorrent)

tried

-----------

- Try disabling UPnP (Can be found in Preferences > Connection)

tried

-----------

- Try lowering maximum global number of connections to 200? 100? 50? (Can be found in Preferences > BitTorrent)

tried

-----------

- Lower net.max_halfopen to 4 (Can be found in Preferences > Advanced)

tried

-----------

- Patched TCPIP.sys and restarted computer after patching? (Assumes you are using Windows XP w/ SP2)

im using winxp/sp2, but havent gotten that 4221 event, not for even once...so i didnt try it.

-----------

- Connect your computer directly to the modem to make sure the problem is not caused by the router

yes, my comp is connected to router. i cant connect it to modem, but i can make some changes in router if needed. for example, change my ip to static (is it needed?).

also, another comp i have (which is connected to the same router) can perfectly run tracker and browser simultaneously.

-----------

- Restart your computer, modem, and router after performing any of the above

tried

any ideas?

- Lower net.max_halfopen to 4 (Can be found in Preferences > Advanced)

...actually i missed this one, tryed it and seems like everything works properly now...i still dont get green light on tracker, but dosnt matter, i have good speeds without it too.

so yea, by bad.

Archived