Not seeding since reinstall?????

msmelle

Hi everyone. I had to do a system overhall and since I have reinstalled U-torrent, it doesn't seed unless I *force start*. I have my seeding to 5% and have even tried to change it to various percentages and as soon as the torrent finishes downloading, it just says *finished*. Before when I had it installed, it would keep on seeding after download was complete. It will seed during the download if there are peers but as soon as the download is complete, the word *finished* appears and the seeding stops as well.

Help please and thank you.

Msmelle :)

"if I download 50 mgs and I seed 50 mgs, that would be 1%"

No, that's not 1%, that's 100%.

For your 50 MB download, the 1% setting would mean you'd only give 0.5 MB upload back before seeding stops.

And yeah, that's really rude.

Even 5% is really rude. It means you'd only give back 1/20th of what you get.

Oh I'm sorry. Then I have been putting it on force start because I have always seeded 300 to 500%. I should have said 500% instead of 5% then. No wonder you were teed off. haha That would be rude for sure. Was wondering there why I was getting a cold shoulder. Well now back to business. Glad we cleared that up. So to continue, I presently am listed when I type in my user name and password as having 1.43 %. I guess that's what threw me off. I have been force starting seeds probably because I had put 5 instead of 500 in the options section of UTorrent. But the thing is that I always let most of my torrents seed between 300 and 500% and I only show 1.43 (1.59 last night because I'm still seeding). Why doesn't my seed percentage show at least 3? Thank you. Also all of my seeds are not (external).

Msmelle

If you use Force Start, µTorrent ignores your settings for that torrent and runs it till you manually stop it. That torrent will also possibly ignore Scheduler settings.

Where are you being told that you've only seeded to about 1.5-1.6 times your download?

In µTorrent or at a website?

The ratio says 1.43%. I seed 300 to 500% all the time but the highest it has ever gone is to 1.59%. I don't know why. I'm trying to send you a screenshot of my ratio when I log in to Demonoid (that's where I get the 1.43%) but I don't know how to send the screenshot to you. I know that Demonoid has nothing to do with UTorrent except that it is a torrent site but I was just wondering why the proper seeding is never properly computed. Thanks :) msmelle

Archived