1.7 Beta - Vista - Port mapping problems

kindhead

Sorry if this has been asked already.

I just upgraded to Vista Business edition. I installed the latest 1.7 beta build of utorrent. Before on my XP box, I set up port forwarding on my wireless router and had no problems, and had the green indicator letting me now everything was working.

Now, on Vista with 1.7 Beta utorrent....I don't get the green, I now have a yellow/orange triangle. The log windows says unable to map port.

I have check the router configuration several times, the corect port and IP settings are set (I've tried using other ports with no luck either).

I have disabled all firewalls and antivirus protection.....Still no luck.

Anyone else have this issue with Vista and 1.7 Beta?

-KindHead

Are you talking about automatic uPnP port mapping now? That doesn't seem to work in Vista with any version of uTorrent, 1.7 or other (too bad, it was a very handy feature in XP).

If you're talking about manual port forwarding configuration, it works fine with both 1.7 and 1.6.1 in Vista, I get the green light and all that.

They can be checked or unchecked, doesn't make any difference since these features don't work in Vista... uTorrent appears unable to configure the router over uPnP. You should use a fixed port number in uTorrent prefs, go to your router's configuration interface and add port forwarding for that port and whatever IP number your computer has (192.168.0.2 etc).

• 5 months later...

Archived