Auto starting downloads when using RSS feeds

spamman

Have done some searching on the forum and it appears that someone requested that all RSS feeds are set to automatically start regardless of the 'Don't start the download automatically' setting.

I also read in a previous post that this change may be reverted in 1.7.

I have tested the Beta and RSS feeds still automatically start. Can you please change this setting back so it makes sense (or better still add an option on each RSS feed to satisfy all tastes)

Thanks

Spamman

Ditto. I'm stuck on uTorrent 1.5 because of this mis-feature. Due to the number of private trackers, etc that come up, I can't just download the first torrent for something that comes up - I need to be able to select.

Not putting in a directory is not an option - if you do that, every torrent pops up a window asking where it should be saved.

I had a mate who (against my directions) updated to uTorrent 1.6. He very quickly ran out of disk space and downloads for the month, as it downloaded dozens of copies of the same files ...

• 2 weeks later...

hmm. I rather liked having my RSS torrents start automatically, yet other added torrents start stopped. Would a toggle setting be out of the question?

This primarily benefits people that add torrents on a regular basis, and maintain long lists of stopped torrents. (like me!)

Archived