Something has changed in 1.7 version affecting Ports

z9999

I have noticed problems creating incoming connections, due to the port testing as not open, and only after leaving build 1170 running for a few hours did the port eventually appear open. It remain so until last night when I noticed that a new build, 1355, was available and I downloaded and tried to run it. Back to the port blocked again, a quick change to ver. 1.6.1 build 490 and I get an instant green check at the screen bottom. Switching back and forth several times and even leaving build 1355 running for several hours, no luck at all with the port except when running ver. 1.6.1 which always shows green. The 1.7 beta always begins with an orange triangle and after a while changes to a red circle, and a port test always fails. It may be related to something about my system, but the fact that the relation began to appear only after ver. 1.7 leads me to believe the real problem resides in uTorrent. Am I the only one to have noticed such a problem?

Hmm, since you said the ports were not open there must be some firewall(ing device).

either some software or in your Router.

if you have neither a router but you are connected to the internet directly via a modem, do you talk about the symbol at the bottom of µT when you talk about "and only after leaving build 1170 running for a few hours did the port eventually appear open."

If yes, please note that changing between green and yellow are normal.

If you use the porttest in CTRL+G what does THAT one say?

and while you are at it, please tell us what your ISP gives you as uploadspeed into the internet and what are your duidplayed settings in CTRL+G.

Archived