Opens another copy of uTorrent instead of adding to download queue

lufc

When I download a torrent (via Firefox), occasionally uTorrent will open another occurence of itself instead of adding the new torrent to the (large) queue.

The new version also has all the existing torrents in the queue so the first I notice is error messages saying that existing torrents can't be downloaded cos another version is running etc.

What's the problem please?

v1.2

• 1 month later...

It grey.. in fact when you start the .exe for the first time the pop-up asks you.

Anyways.. sorry.. this is my first attempt with .393

The other errors were with .386 .390 .391

OK I'll hammer thsi one and see what happens.

Cheers

OK.. first bug.

Browse through settings..

I browsed to the last screen ADVANCED OPTIONS

did't change anything, Hit OK.. Locks

Now 2 mins and counting

Just a solid hourglass

4 mins

OK.. eventually it clears and runs.

BTW when I put this BETA on all my Torrents became mis-ordered.. A torrent that was number 9 is now number 1 etc etc

BTW when I put this BETA on all my Torrents became mis-ordered.. A torrent that was number 9 is now number 1 etc etc

Yes, mine reordered all of my torrents as well. The same ones were listed as running, but the new speed settings enabled several that I had planned to queue later, and I had to go through and rearrange the queue to get it back to how I had it in the previous version.

This happened during the upgrade from 389 -> 391.

I don't, however, have the Advanced Options issue lufc spoke of.

Cheers,

Infi

----

Update: I just confirmed that it occurs during closing and restarting the client, as well. Appears not to keep the order correctly, or misread it from the resume.dat file.

The checkbox in prefereces->general options was marked and associate with was grey out, so I thought that was done properly. But then I manually associated them by rightclicking on the saved .torrent file and choose open with µTorrent and finally it worked. Thank you Firon for pointing that out.

Archived