Vista Ultimate - Utorrent 1.6.1 - NO DHP (green triangle)

speedracer

Hello all.. I was running XP w/sp2 on a router provided by Verizon. The port was forwarded in this router and it worked PERFECTLY. I always had a green triangle. I am now trying Vista Ultimate and I cannot get the green triangle. When I click on it all I get is 'no incoming connections.' Right now DHT=246 nodes but still NO GREEN. I am running Pc-cillin 2007 with the following settings: Direct internet connection - Utorrent.exe - Incoming Connection <allowed> - protocol <tcp/udp> specified port 6884-6886 <<physical router has port 6885 set up to forward to and again it worked under xp>> type of addresses < all ip addresses ipv4 and ipv6>. The windows tcpip (under the networking screens) has been locked to match the physical router addresses. Again, this configuration worked fine under xp all i did was copy the windows addresses right into Vista's blanks. After all this IT DOESN't seem to be working at the maximum (green) because I can download. Does anyone have any ideas as to why its not working??? Thanks for any information on what to try or do as I would like to get it working properly.

And btw, just cuz everything worked fine in XP and doesn't in Vista, speaks more to problems with Vista than µTorrent.

The devs are working to work around Vista's issues tho, with varied success... I imagine when Microsoft finishes SP1 for Vista (which they were already working on before Vista was even released), those fixes will probably need to be fixed again.

-- Smoovious

Archived