uTorrent prompts firewall whenever it's loaded.. why?

adamsucks

??

If that's what you meant, then you might as well have listed all the things that µTorrent can access once you allow it to get past the firewall. Since you're saying that you didn't mean that scraping would cause µTorrent to connect to the server, then it was out of context, and you didn't need to say that it scrapes in the first place. It caused confusion, so you really shouldn't be getting all defensive about your own mistake O.o

I just downloaded uTorrent, but on startup it triggers a check in my firewall too. I turned off the obvious 'check for update option', and after checking this thread, I also turned off the scrape option, and uTorrent is still trying to connect to 38.114.167.69 (remote name: 'router.bittorrent.com'). I'd like to know why before I start using this program. Call me cynical, but I've spent too much time in the past cleaning unwanted crap from my system to trust anything which does unexpected things with regard to the internet.

I heard someone on Slyck forums say that µTorrent 1.5 contained viruses. Can't really say how they would know that since it isn't even nearly released. They said it had an installer too, so I guess there are packages on this program causing these rumors.

I just searched around a bit and found an interesting internet folder: http://www.irtehwin.nildram.co.uk/uTorrent/

All the latest releases of µTorrent, but with doubled size. Suspicious?

Archived