Error: The process cannot access the file...

Shock

I keep getting this error message: "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."

I've tried EVERYTHING on the FAQ about this, so, please don't link me there. This has only happened with two torrents so far. Is there a chance that the torrent is corrupt, maybe?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

i'm getting the same error and it's on all different kinds of file types, mp3s avi's you name it, it seems to be completely random though as i'll download one torrent just fine and download the next one till like 3% and then it hits me with that error, and i don' have any other p2p programs, at all... this is it, so it can't be a conflicting program. Also i'm on vista home premium and i recently had to do a full reinstall, i had this program on the old install and everything worked great, don't know why it's doing this now i'd really appreciate the help!

I am running vista ultimate 64, and I am having the exact same random error message. I can download some fine, and others about 3% it errors out. I did have bit tornado on here before, but I have gotten rid of that, and even reinstalled utorrent. Same error.

Do you have nvidia graphics? Almost every problem I have had with vista has been traced back to my driver for my 7950 card. Anyway just something else to look into!!

Yes, I run Vista Ultimate 32 and have the same issue, and have ever since I went to Vista in mid-February. It's pretty darn annoying, and it's nice to find it's not just me after all. I do have an Nvidia video card, but I find it unlikely (but not impossible, I suppose) to be related.

Did anyone here listen to Ultima?

For these kind of problems we can't help at all unless we get to see Process Explorer exports. It's most likely a 3rd party app and with that list at least we can make guesses at which one it is and suggest ways to find out for sure and/or solve the problem.

Yeah, well personally I'm an idiot. I read the FAQ, saw "google desktop", went "Ooh, right, I started using google desktop at the same time I started using Vista", turned that off, and presto, no more problem.

Sorry for adding to the noise rather than the signal.

Add Roxio Media Manager 9 to the sh*t list. I had the same issue as poster. I downloaded Microsoft Process Explorer

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/utilities/ProcessExplorer.mspx

I searched by the name of the file I was downloading(mp3) .. There it was RoxMediaDB9.exe Killed the process, viola no more problems. What's really bad is there is no program group to admin whatever this program is supposed to do, just a systray icon that returns runtime C++ errors if you fiddle with it.

I have Dell Dimension 9200(May 2007) Vista Home Premium, roxio came bundled with the new box.

• 2 weeks later...

Disable your antivirus' real time scanning or totally until the torrent is finished downloading. You can also start the real time scanning after the torrent has started downloading. Also any Indexing program like google desktop will cause this problem. You can simply stop the indexing temporarily.

• 1 year later...

Archived