I am having slow speeds and it seems I have tried everything plz help

tyccob78

I am getting dial-up like speeds on utorrent and it is getting very frusterating. I am hovering around 5.5 kb/s. I have done the speed test and it says I can connect at 10 mb. Before I port forwarded my router, it wouldn't work at all. I have tried a bunch of different combinations and ideas that people have offered (things like what boxes should be checked or unchecked in preferences). I have a broadband connection and a couple of weeks ago I was getting very fast speeds of about 120 Kb/s. Any help is appreciated greatly. Thank you Tyccob.

try a test torrent, like openoffice.org. download open office there. if you get good dl speeds on the test torrent, that means the torrent you are having trouble with probably doesn't have very many seeders, or very high amount of leechers (downloaders).

I forgot to mention that I do have about 70 seeds and 20 leechers on the specific file. I tried your test file thing Invy but I am still having issues. Switeck I do have Insight BB. Do you mean that my ISP is the issue and not me? Thank you guys for the help so far.

Archived