utorrent 1.6.1 build 490 disk overload and 1.7 beta

Xterminater

Hey all. I am having a really weird problem and I do not know how to fix it at all!! I am using Vista Ultimate with utorrent 1.6.1 and all the sudden I keep getting disk overload 100% in the status bar and my computer like literally freezes then unfreeze then freeze again, and all my download/upload speed stopped. This NEVER happen before!! I'm using a SATA II hard drive to save the download to. I don't get it, why is it happening. I don't have nvidia firewall or anything of that sort.

Also I upgraded to 1.7 beta and STILL the same thing happen. I then tried the increasing disk cache to 100mb still doesn't work. I left everything default and it doesn't work either. Please help!

everything is set to default........ i am on a t3 fiber optic line so download speed is off the wazooo..... so that is the problem I think!

I change the settings of global max con. to 300, max number connected per torrent to 200, upload slot per torrent to 8, uncheck turn off read caching when upload is slow and it seems to be stable now.....

is this a bug????

I have the exact same problem! I am using:

Vista Home Premium

utorrent 1.6.1 build 490

on a brand new laptop with a 7200 sata harddrive...

It has newer happened before, but tonight it happened all the time when downloading at speeds of 3-500kb/s. Didn't seem to happen when the downloads for some reason were slower

...and cache settings are all set to default

Would you kindly explain that to me? I do not understand much of the terms which seem to increase in numbers at an exponential rate.

In other words, what is my computer - via utorrent - trying to tell me? It says the disc is full. It's not full. Semantics do not matter to me, only a solution matters.

I don't care how it is said, please explain what I need to do to correct it.

Thank you very, very much!

• 1 month later...

May I please advance a theory about this? Please tell me what you think. I have noticed this also. Although I have a connection that often yields 10 megs I cannot download at more than 1.4 megs for long without getting the Disk Overload 100% with the related drop in UL and DL to around 0. I have SATA 1 capabilities and WD 7200 rpm drives and I believe that I simply exceed the drives ability to write data with multiple sources to multiple files. Is it like when you are transfering a large file from one disk to another and then you add another transfer and the whole thing bogs down? If I make the Global limit 1400 there is no problem.

This is rarely important anyway since my provider only gives me about 100kB and one must keep the ratio above 1 therefore I have 14 tiles as much DL as UL anyway.

Kahoona

Archived