2 torrents, same files & directory, different sizes & availability

kamyk

Need help, and couldn't find anything close enough in search.

I am downloading a torrent. Found what I thought was the same torrent with different trackers. Started downloading it as well. Turns out they are two different torrents, yet they have the same files, and are downloading to the same directory with the same file names.

The difference is one of them has a smaller total size somehow, has significantly lesser availability, and seems to have far less seeds or peers. It also is far less finished than the other one of the same name.

What I want to know is what exactly is it doing to the files I have already finished downloading in the larger and more available torrent, as the less large less available torrent has dozens of unfinished files in it that are finished in the larger one. And is it wasting my bandwidth, and how do I get rid of the smaller less available one without losing the finished files from the larger one.

stop the smaller torrent, remove it from µT without deleteing the data!!!

stop the larger one, do a force re-check, hope that you have not mangled to many packets with your behaviour to save different oviously files with the same filenames to one place.

What you have done is something that is NOT recommended in any case!

When you add a torrent that is the same as another µtorrent will ask you if it should add the trackers of the newly added torrent to the torrent already running. If you don't get that popup it the torrent is not the same and cannot be combined and it should be downloaded to a different folder.

Archived