µTorrent Sidebar Gadget Beta

patrickbrans

Can you tell me what version it displays when you pres the "+" on your side bar?

If it still didn't work change the update type from "show lamp" to "download", because than it probably is your browser serving you a chached update :)

EDIT: Problem should also be fixed server-side :D

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe there might be an error on line 265 of main.js...

it should be XMLHttp.abort(); not cHttp.abort();

i think... :)

Edit:

Also i have increased the timeout to 20000, 10000 was not long enough to get the data over the network (my uTorrent isn't localhost)...

Perhaps you could provide an option to set the timeout?

Hiya, thanks for this, its great.

A little grizzle though. I'm no coder but I think Cyonix is right, every few secs or so (every update?) mine comes up with an error:

" A Runtime Error has occurred. Do you wish to debug?

Line: 265

Error: 'cHttp' is undefined

Yes/No "

Click Yes opens MS Script Editor with no file open (WTF?)

Click No and it goes away and the gadget appears to work fine for 5-10 secs...

The timeout is the opposite to Cyonix experience though, at 10secs it works fine (except the whole runtime error thing :) ) and at 20secs I get "Error Check Settings" on the gadget screen.

Any suggestions what I should do?

That last one was just when I started it after updating, it hasn't happened since.

This new one ;) however happens whenever I drag a torrent in (from mininova btw, I'm sure I read somewhere that their linking system is a bit funky anyway).

Line: 776

Error: The data necessary to complete this operation is not yet available.

Sorry, I suppose this is why its call the beta process :)

Edit: Also pirate bay and demonoid so ignore the mininova comment. Bouncy ball appears for 20-30secs then the error pops up 4 times then the tick graphic runs and I hear no more (the torrent isn't added).

Yep, my friend told met that error on 776 also, it's fixed, but not yet uploaded.

About adding torrents, sites that are password protected will not work, as the gadget can't download the .torrent file as it can't profile itself as logged in to that site

I sugged TPB isn't password protected so i'll look into that one :)

Checked TPB, torrentspy and BT-chat, and they are working

Mininova and password protected sites aren't

If you know some not-password protected sites that are not working, let me know and i'l try to find a fix for it (or contact the persons like these from mininova :))

Hi Guyz I'm a bit noob woth this stuff...and it's really hard for me to make the gadget work!!!Can't find webUI URL...and in general i can't make it working...plz HELP!!!

If someone could explain me where to fing allthe info needed iwould be really glad!:D

Clicking on the lightbulb crashes the gadget. I checked in main.js and this line has no URL to get the update from:

function downloadUpdate(url){

I don't know JavaScript, but isn't that where it should be? I'm using a hacked version of the Windows Sidebar on XP, but everything else works.

I have it set to "download", I really don't understand the point of any other option as download" apparently is the only way to actually update it. I'd like to try a newer version than 0.29 as it crashes after running for a few minutes but whatever the previous version was does not.

Yochanan, how did you get this working on the XP ver. of the Sidebar? I tried horribly to get this working on it but everytime I would try to install this gadget it refused to show up in the Available Gadgets list.

If you could, please e-mail me so we dont crowd this post. don.sigmaprojects[at]gmail.com

@Yochanan: You can directly download a newer version here: http://gadget.flagcreator.org/gadgets/utorrent.gadget

But can you first change the way of downloading to "show lamp", than it will just open a browser window with the url of the download.

If it doesn't show a URL, it probably has something to do with the XML parsers on windows XP.

If you could tell me how you got sidebar running on XP, and i'll do my best to get it working on XP to :D

Pretty nice. One thing that appears to be missing is the ability to set Labels for the torrents. Would certainly be nice for those of us who organize by labels for automatic sorting into folders.

Also is there supposed to be something happening when I click on the uTorrent link in the fly-out? Is it supposed to open up the WebUI and auto-login in a browser? If so that doesn't appear to work, though it'd definitely be another nice to have feature.

I just noticed if I exit µTorrent while the µTorrent sidebar gadget is running, the sidebar will crash. All the gadgets close, but the sidebar itself is still running. I'll then get a dialog listing the previously running gadgets, and it offers the option to restart the gadgets. It'll keep doing this unless I reopen µTorrent before restarting the gadgets. If I start µTorrent first, then the Sidebar and exit the programs in the opposite order everything works smoothly without issue. I have not tested this in Vista, only XP SP2. It's actually an understandable reaction by the gadget, like a TV turning off when the cord is unplugged from the power source. Not a big deal, just thought I'd let you know.

hmm, I'l need to do some propper testing in XP than, as i've just tried it with vista through localhost, an other PC via internal netwerk and one via internet, and it seems to just switch to "check settings"-mode.

I'm going to test this behavior in XP, and will fix it when I can.

But first i need to get the sidebar installed on XP :)

EDIT: Tested it on XP with SP2 and it all seems to run fine with a slightly modified version (0.3.1 wich will be available for download in some minutes).

There was no crash when I closed µtorrent, and the download of a new version worked fine.

If it still doesn't work for you, let me know

Archived