Speed Trouble

earendil

I use utorrent 1.7 beta and my router/modem= zyxel p-2602H-D1A

I have correctly forwarded my port and have a working static IP according to www.portforward.com, but still the portforwardtest says it is not properly forwarded.

According to the speed test my connection is about 5.5mb/s so I should download with 700kb/s.

But the problem is that my speed is only 200kb/s.

And at the bottom op utorrent is a orange/yellow sign that says: No Incoming Connections.

I have read some forums but I couldn't find the answer yet, so does anyone have any ideas?

Earendil

if you are sure you have forwarded correctly, please tell us, what are your µT settings in CTRL+G?

(I'm suspecting overload of your router due to wrong settings (download instead of uploadvalue choosen?)so you get no incomming conns ff you are absolutely positive you did the forwarding 100% correct.)

Connectiontype: 768k

Uploadlimit: 72kb/s

Connections(torrent):100

max active torrents:5

uploadslots:5

connections(global):450

max active downloads:4

current port: 59030

And Encryption is NOT enabled

I have checked everything again and i forwarded my port "59030" and got a correct static IP, so it should work.

Are you uploading as fast as you told it to?

(72 KiloBYTES/sec in µTorrent, according to what you just listed.)

If you are, then you're uploading at less than half as fast as you're downloading. That difference has to be paid by someone downloading SLOWER than they're uploading.

My ISP is Tiscali.nl

According to the speed tests:

Downloadspeed:2898 kb/s

Uploadspeed:690kb/s

So I changed my connection type to a 10mb/s so I can Upload better.

But still there is a orange sign ans it says "no incoming connections".

I use windows xp and windows firewall, is maybe my firewall the problem?

I have alowed utorrent and my port "59030"?

"do you get a green tick with the forum advertised "test"-torrents?"

Where can i find it??

"Uploadspeed:690kb/s

So I changed my connection type to a 10mb/s so I can Upload better."

Sorry you either haven't read what the text in CTRL+G displays, or in case you use a localised dutch version there is an error in the translation.

please read the text and choose the correct value for uploadspeed!

"test" torrents are the open office torrents for example.

Edit:

and tiscali is an ISP that is known that it does traffic shaping (e.g. slowing down/blocking torrents if they want to.) That could be a factor too even if you use the right µT values for your line.

If you're not uploading as fast as you told µTorrent to, then there's probably something overloading or your ISP is throttling you.

Another possible cause is the torrents you're trying to upload have very few and/or very SLOW peers who cannot download fast. (That's my problem right now!)

The torrents are not the problem coz they are seeded by 500 and even more and by several trackers.

"If you're not uploading as fast as you told µTorrent to, then there's probably something overloading or your ISP is throttling you." How can i check this or prevent it?

Bottom portion of µTorrent's window, there is a tab bar. The next-to-list tab is 'Speed'...try it.

There is a FAQ or 2 at this website to explain what you see there.

But to make matters short, your upload speeds should remain close (and sometimes even OVER) the upload limit you set.

Archived