0(5) 2(14)

ClaudiuS

It's up to the torrent host and DHT to do the connecting. There is nothing you can do. I have deleted tens of torrents after downloading them completely because there were no peers to upload to. I have also deleted about five torrents because there either were no seeders or the peers connected did not have enough of the file to download it in three days -- even after getting 85% of the file. If the peers aren't there, all you can do is delete the torrent and the incomplete files and go find another torrent to download. Such is life in the torrenting world.

That's just how BitTorrent works, you_just_can't_connect_to_them_all. :| More seeds/peers != higher speed. At least, not always. Most of us don't have huge pipes, so in most cases it can actually slow you down just by trying to connect to all those seeds/peers. In your situation it could be a number of things, maybe the seeds/peers cannot connect to you because you haven't portforwarded correctly, maybe your ISP is playing games with you by shaping your traffic...so you need to see if you have "Network OK" in your status bar, if you don't have it, refer to the sticky on how to ask a question properly in the Troubleshooting subforum. :)

Thanx for the answers. My results are much better now. 3 things helped:

1. To make sure that torrentclient and the router used the same ports

2. To make sure that xp firewall didn't interfere.

3. Finally to change ports. (some trackers have blacklisted the usual 6881).

Then this was a speed problem, not a "connect to more peers" problem. If you're using a router, then you won't be able to use µTorrent's random port feature, as I do. Changing your port was the one thing that probably allowed you to connect to more peers and seeders. The others simply removed speed bottlenecks. But I've learned something new -- I had no idea that trackers blacklisted any ports.

Archived