should i limit my connection?

avance70

i remember before, when i had a 64kbit internet. the max dl speed was of course 7.5kb/s

so if i were to limit my connection speed in utorrent to 7kb/s i would get an average speed of 6.6kb/s

and if i were to set my dl to unlimited (or 8kb/s) i would get an average of 7kb/s

so it was obvious that the torrent worked much better when unlimited

now i have a bit faster connection and im wondering does utorrent work best if my conn is limited or unlimited?

Download speed limiting isnt an exact science. Your download speed will not exactly equal what your download cap is set to, it may be slightly below, maybe slightly above (thats if it is even fast enuf to reach the cap).

As for what to set utorrent to, unless you need to set yourself aside some download bandwidth because you want to do something else like surf the web, play games, you may aswell just set the download cap to unlimited.

On the other side, upload speed MUST be limited below your theoretical max...and sometimes by a considerable bit (like to only 50-70% max)...to prevent overloads and slowdowns.

Have you run Speed Guide (CTRL+G) and chosen your upload bandwidth from the drop-down list?

Archived