Drop Non-transfering peers/seeders

darknessGP

ok, I've noticed in my downloads that I ill have seeders and peers that I do not send data to or recieve data from at all. This is kind of frustrating when I'm listed as connected to 50 peers/seeds, but only 10 transfer data at all. I want a way for uTorrent to drop these inactive seeders/peers, like a after 10 mins if no data is transfered drop connection with that person and try connecting to a different one.

What I would really love to see in a torrent client (especially this one if the devs go for it) is a further extension of this feature to have both a configurable interval, and a configurable percentage of the lest useful peers to drop. Ie, after 10 mins the bottom 20% of peers that you have recieved data from in that interval are dropped to make room for potentially more useful connections. And oviously this only makes sense to cut in when you have reached your connection limit.

I think that this would be and extremely useful way to separate the best peers from a swarm that is many times the size of your connection limit.

Archived