Is there any way of disabling Utorrent's pop up window?

kant

whenever we click a torrent, the 'add torrent' window (of course) pops up - but the clicking is automatically (in my view) instructing utorrent to add the torrent. I understand that it is simply a confirmation, but is it possible to bypass this step?

thanks

preferences - downloads

Check Put new downloads in.

Uncheck Always show dialog on manual add.

It requires some advanced clicking but I can make movie a showing how to do it if you want...

...Or if are you talking about a webbrowser related issue you are in the wrong forums.

It requires some advanced clicking but I can make movie a showing how to do it if you want...

Thanks, I'd appreciate it if you could upload a demo to YouTube. :)

Edit : I have RSI, and really just wanted to minimise the amount the clicking - but the proposed solution only created more problems for me.

I initially just wanted to download the torrent to the specified directory without worrying about clicking the pop up. Since I've followed your advice, though, the torrent downloads to my desktop and I have to click that instead. Firefox doesn't ask me whether I want to download the torrent anymore - it goes straight to desktop. (Btw, that was not the pop up i was talking about - I was referring to the ádd torrent pop up'that appears once Firefox registers it.

And the (avi) file no longer appears in my specified download directory. So, still two clicks...and a search for downloads required.

2. How do I revert back to the default settings please? I've uninstalled and deleted utorrent folders, but the problem persists.

thanks.

Archived