torrent files get accumalated inside utorrent directory<-is this norma

zixter

i understand wat u guys are trying to say

but the prob is when i deleted the torrent files there are one more set lingering in the utorrent directory ( i did not set that directory to move my finished or unfinished torrent files there in the first place)

get wat i am trying to say? sory i hope i am clear

And you're certain you used Remove And Delete .torrent?

absolutely =]

its obvious becos as i said, my utorrent directory isnt supposed to have any torrent files inside becos i had nev set it as a directory for anything..

i will try again thanks..i will clear everything in that folder and try again ...its not a big problem anyway...thanks

zixter - im guessing what you mean here, so correct me if im wrong; uTorrent MUST create copies of torrents to its own settings folder (that being either %appdata%\uTorrent and basiclly wherever settings.dat is) in order to maintain the list.

He's saying he's not supposed to have any inside the actual torrent folder of the torrent he's downloading.

it's doing that for me as well. oh and I don't have any torrents in the %AppData% folder.

The same bug (if it is a bug) here. Sometimes (can't tell exactly when) torrent files don't get erased by right click "Remove and -> Delete .torrent)

It's not that annoying, but when you're opening new torrents, the unerased ones still hang there like a day old corpse.

But, fact, this "bug" came in handy the other day when I unintentionally (two and a half beers too many) removed data and the torrent, and found out that the torrent was still there...

BTW, is there a picture of the creators of uT avaliable (moderators of this quickly expanding and quite educational forum included)?

I want to keep it beside my bed at night.

5 thumbs up! and a pint of beer down the throat!

Cheers, mates!

:)

zixter - im guessing what you mean here, so correct me if im wrong; uTorrent MUST create copies of torrents to its own settings folder (that being either %appdata%\uTorrent and basiclly wherever settings.dat is) in order to maintain the list.

If I understand correctly, zixter says "Delete .torrent + Data" does what it should, but that copy µTorrent made (in order to maintain the list) isn't deleted when the torrent is removed from the list. I believe that copy should be removed automatically, or at least you should have an option to do so. It's more a requested feature than a bug I think.

Is there any reason for .torrent files to be kept in %appdata%? Otherwise, I'd like it if they were by default deleted when I simply mark the torrent in the µTorrent list and pressed the Delete key. No need for old torrent files to pile up, and when most people delete torrents from the list they usually have made up their mind that they don't need the torrent anymore, eh?

It needs the .torrent there to keep the internal list of torrents. If you were to remove them all, your uTorrent would show up empty. :P

Indeed, but when I remove a torrent from the µTorrent list, I see no reason for it being left in the %appdata% folder by default. True, they don't take up much space, but I dislike programs leaving files permanently like that, especially without telling me about it (%appdata% is a hidden folder by default).

Archived