utorrent can't be shut down.

RhymeBomb

After I close the program, I'll check the task manager and it'll still be there. When I try to close the program from there, it never works. It stays there indefinitely until I restart the computer. Obviously, when I try to start utorrent up again it says there is already one running.

It only started doing this very recently. I didn't change any drivers, or install anything, or anything major like that.

I hope that if someone knows a solution, it doesn't involve my router. For about a month, it's been completely borked. Trying to access the router works only half the time. If I do manage to log in, I get this whenever I try to change anything:

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/102/untitled1xc3.jpg

The bottom half the screen just gets cut off. I've tried unplugging the router for a few minutes and then plugging it back in, but that doesn't work.

Anyway, I'm kind of getting off topic. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it.

Didn't seem to work. There have been other problems popping up with utorrent, by the way. For some reason, only one torrent will be active at a time. Others will say "downloading" but they won't connect to any seeds, and they won't download either. My seeds don't upload anymore, and if I stop the torrent that's downloading, I won't be able to get ANY torrents downloading until I restart the computer.

What in the hells?

Ahh, nevermind! I restarted my computer and now utorrent seems to be working fine!

Jeez...all it needed was an update. I'm so dense. Thanks for all the help, guys.

EDIT: Nah, that's a lie. Although I can exit and restart utorrent freely now, the torrents themselves still aren't working. Only one will upload or download at a time, and that happens only rarely. I have two very active torrents seeding right now that haven't uploaded a single kilobyte in four hours.

Yep, those worked. Turns out the the main tracker I was using was down for a few days, so that's why nothing was uploading. Aside from that, everything's been working just fine since I upgraded utorrent. The old version must've just...broke.

Thanks again for the help guys :D

I have the same problem likeRhymebomb,but it cannot be solved.After more than 10 minutes after utorrent stopping,it still running and keep processor at 95-98% !My seeds don't upload anymore, and if I stop the torrent that's downloading, I won't be able to get ANY torrents downloading until I restart the computer.After restarting,one torrent keep an old ratio for the torrent in download even for few hours of download.The same problem with version 1.6.1 and last version.If restart after some time in status bar show me "disk overloaded 100%".Too many problems for this small software!I think is something wrong with settings!But I`m not sure!

Archived