Need help with Port Forwarding/Setup...

iceman2032

I've been using uTorrent for a long time now. It was completely fine and I was VERY happy with my speeds...until recently when I changed my router. I currently own a D-Link WBR-1310 and I just can't get the port forwarding to work. I have followed the instructions on Portforward.com EXACTLY as written for almost 3 times now...but no matter what I do, I will not get a green icon in the status bar (either red or yellow) and I have VERY slow speeds. I have my uTorrent speed set at 640k. I got this number by following instructions on the uTorrent Guides page. I have Windows Vista with the only security software being Windows Firewall. I have manually added uTorrent Ports and application through it...no luck. (the problem cannot really be because of vista because my old modem + vista worked fine...).

I have set up static IP...didn't work...tried again...didn't work, and now I'm back to dynamic IP.

Any help regarding my issue would be extremely appericiated...I am becoming very frustrated of this...

fyi, I'm having the same problems with port forwarding on my D-Link WBR-1310 as well. Followed the instructions at PortForward.com to no avail. I am experiencing very slow speeds. Tried static IP etc. So I guess I am in the same boat as iceman2032. If I find anything that solves the problem I will post here. If anyone else has any suggestions I would appreciate hearing them. Oh, running WinXP so it isn't a Vista issue.

iceman, I found out that my ISP was blocking almost all the ports. So even if I was forwarding one through the router it made no difference. That being said I know what ports are open now and have tried one and received spotty results. Sometimes (rarely) I get a pretty good download rate, mostly it is very bad or non existent. And this varied result was with the same port opened up and all router and uTorrent settings the same. Doesn't seem to make sense. Finally, even when I was getting a good download rate on an open port the icon at the bottom of the screen was indicating that something was less then ideal. Unfortunately I can't remember exactly what it said.

Archived