uTorrent crawling along at 1.8kb/s after a format

blizeH

Hi guys,

I've never really had any speed problems for ages, but I've just format my PC and the torrents are going along incredibly slowly.

I've set uTorrent to use port 33162 and have forwarded it accordingly, I've got the little green tick at the bottom of uTorrent, yet when I click on it and do the port forward test it says I haven't forwarded it correctly? I've enabled encryption etc although that usually just limits me to ~20kb/s, not less than 2kb/s, hehe.

Any help in sorting this would be ace, thanks!

Edit: fwiw I've got 7 torrents active, and only two of them are actually doing anything, but I wouldn't of thought it'd be a problem with the torrents themselves as they all have different trackers. I've downloaded 19mb in just over an hour :D

untitledjj5.gif

"Edit: fwiw I've got 7 torrents active"

Ok, now tell us also what your ISP giving you as UPloadspeed and what have you set in CTRL+G?

Edit: and what is the error message in the general tab for the red torrents?

I suspect you run your µT with wrong speed settings (for example the Forced torrents indicate that too).

Thanks for the reply, download limit is set to 0kb/s, upload limit is set to 16kb/s (I'm on 1mb ADSL).

My ISP does throttle P2P but I've never had a problem anything like this before, plus I've always enabled encryption! :(

"upload limit is set to 16kb/s (I'm on 1mb ADSL)"

sounds reasonable ;)

yet it isn't quite the info I requested. CTRL+G gives far more infos then these. Anyway, from your info that you only have a 1 mb A-DSL line i can conclude that you run to many torrents at once. Thats the reason for your lame speeds!!

More then 2 or3 torrents at once is definetly to much because of the typical "A" in A-DSL.

I doubt you can up(!)load with 1MB on your line!

From what I saw in the screenshot, you're allowing a rather high global max connection value. For marginal networking hardware or software, that can cause slowdowns...ESPECIALLY for Belkin routers, wireless, or USB connections!

This Slow Speed/interrupted internet FAQ made by Ultima will probably help:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=15992

Just done another format, no change ;_;

Ran uTorrent on my parents old PC downstairs too and it downloaded just fine, even without the port being forwarded it downloaded at nice speeds, yet on here it's rarely going above ~1kb/s

Archived