strange behaviour!!

siddhant

Hi guys, i'm new here. I have a strange situation with utorrent. my network is NAT-ed and Proxified and i have no access to router. I connect through JAP (anonymity software) I don't even know the model name or no. of the router. Earlier utorrent v1.6 to v1.7 beta (before 1355) used to connect & download without any problems, but now i cannot download anything but it still shows no. of seeder and peers. It connect to the tracker and even updates it, shows peer error: offline (timed out) in log. DHT status remains 0. What seems to be the problem.

Only hope to be UN-firewalled: enable UPnP...though it probably won't work.

Not connecting to any peers or seeds may be due to your proxy blocking such behavior.

Does it occur with FORCED encryption and NO legacy connections?

Certain kinds of proxies and VPNs do not work with µTorrent, though since I don't use them myself I can't give you any firsthand information on what works (proxy-wise) and what doesn't. Do some searches here on the subject and try the FAQs, maybe they have something on the matter.

Your ISP is likely blocking BitTorrent traffic (as well as a LOT of other stuff), and probably doesn't deserve to be called an ISP. Your best bet is to change ISPs if this doesn't work. :(

Archived