Is there any way to.....

faisal.qureshi

Hi,

I use µtorrent on dial up connection mostly.... most of the time i am dloading some specific file from one torrent meaning i don't dload all of the files which are in the torrent, only the selected ones...

Some torrent have bigger pieces ranging from 1 MB to MB... which gives me a lot of hash fails... but when i try to dload torrents with smaller pieces ranging from 64KB to 512 KB.... i get very few hash fails and the torrent gets dloaded quickly( as in dial up quickly :))

I just wanted to ask if the is any option/way in µ Torrent to resize the piece of any given torrent to a lesser number... lets say a 4MB piece to 256 KB piece ?

If not then i Would like to see this feature in future µTorrent releases.

So how can i prevent from my buffered data getting lost? ... when i know the torrent isn't poisoned or there are no bad IPs because and I have only encountered this problem with large pieced torrents (from 1 to4 MB piece).

and specially it gets very annoying when there is sudden electricity outage (power failure).

I count blue colored Data in a dloading as "written to disk" data and green colored data as " not yet written to disk" data..... becuase when there is a power outage or PC gets improperly shutdown... the blue colored data remains there but green colored data vanishes.... and dload %age also drops.

and more loose has been observed with large pieced torrents... So??

Pardon me for being illiterate at this :(

Archived