How to find out if a Torrent is poisoned or not?

AllGamer

As the tittle says

are there are steps i can take to find out if a torrent is poisoned or not without having to download the whole thing to find out it is a fake?

I've been through that quite a bit, wasting time to download some 7~8 GB torrents to only find out they are all duds.

Switech, if you don't reply to my last post in Bittorrent Poisoning, I can't post again, which is absurd to have zero tolerance for that. I've found something interesting (the poisoners are not siphoning off share to poison), but I can't makr the post.

----

Allgamer, try disabling all your IP filters temporarily (I don't know uTorrent client), then click to view the peers sorted by IP. If you see a slew within narrow ranges (blocks of IPS) then you are probably in a torrent being poisoned. That and the %completed for everyone has leveled out and it's not an old torrent.

Thanks, that gives me something to look for :)

i usually take precaution on many of those torrents that Goes EXTREMELY fast for no apparent reason, when originally it was going at a normal rate

example an 7GB file that takes days to download, is completed withing hours or in a day or two.

i usually get very suspicious of those, and they are usually poisoned, from past experience, but by the time it happens it is too late to prevent it, and makes that entire download worthless

next time i'll pay attention to the IP stuff, it does make sense.

i just never though people will use such obvious tactic to use a slew of PCs in the same range of IPs to do the poisoning, i was always expecting something more complex

Switech, if you don't reply to my last post in Bittorrent Poisoning, I can't post again, which is absurd to have zero tolerance for that. I've found something interesting (the poisoners are not siphoning off share to poison), but I can't makr the post.

That's what edit is for. :]

Archived