Need Help Configuring utorrent for TCP max

u2007

I have cable and get 5.0 Mbps down and 384 k up. I don't know what to make the half tcp with the patch, right now I have it at 100 but don't know if I need more. I used the old utorrent calculator back then and got 384 max global connections with 48 per torrent and about 8 upload slots each. I have max download to 500 k\s and 35 k\s.

Now how many download slots can I have?

How many half open tcp do I need in utorrent and in tcp patch?

u2007

tcpip.sys has nothing to do with "download slots", upload slots, or global connections. It's simply the rate at which you can make new connections. That's all. 100 is fine.

You're also using way too many upload slots. Use the Speed Guide and pick xx/384k.

So how many files can I be downloading at once if I keep 384 global and 48 each. Would that be like 8 files @ 48 connections each = 384 max global? About the tcp patch, would I make it 100 and set 90 to utorrent?

u2007

The only way to run more torrents at once "safely" is to cut your upload slots so EACH upload slot still manages at least 1 KiloBYTE/sec at an absolute minimum...and I really recommend each gets 3+ KiloBYTES/sec.

So with only 35 KiloBYTES/sec, a recommended total upload slots would be 11 or 12...so that could be 2 torrents with up to 6 upload slots each, 4 torrents with 3 upload slots each, or 6 torrents with 2 upload slots each.

Running a torrent with less than 3 upload slots seems to cause reduced download speeds...so your mileage may vary.

Archived