Another one

jg

I've been reading through the posts, seeing if I could get help without posting and either I have a different problem, or I don't understand the answers. (Likely the latter).

Anyway, I had to restore XP the other day and I downloaded the UTorrent 1.7 BETA. I never got my old UTorrent to work right either though. It downloads at about 25-50 kB/s.

The sign at the bottom is never red or green, but a yellow "yield" type sign. It's telling me that I have no incoming connections.

I ran a speed test: 8176 KB/S download 3189 upload.

I check to see I have correctly forwarded my port. I have not. I do the static IP stuff and do the port forward, to a tee, and I still get the the yellow. (Actually, I've done the port forward and static IP 15 times, and I still can't get green)

I have a Linksys WRT54GS v. 6.

Help a brother out.

Something else besides your router (which you probably forwarded correctly) is firewalling µTorrent.

It could be antivirus software with a firewall component, a modem with a built-in mini-router/firewall, or your ISP only giving you a NATed LAN ip connect to the internet in the first place...instead of a reserved-to-you-only internet ip.

Find out if it's the case!

What brand modem do you use?

Did you try using GOOGLE to see if it contained a mini-router or firewall that needs to be configured or disabled?

What antivirus, antispyware, firewall, and/or security suite software are you running?

Like I said, I'm running Norton Internet Security. As for my modem... well that's interesting. I live in an apartment complex where the modems are in the walls. I just plug my router or my computer into the wall and I have internet. We have an option of either using COX internet or PurDigital, which I believe is a local company. I use PurDigital.

Norton Internet Security may be blocking µTorrent, or more than likely your internet connection is part of a bigger LAN. The apartment building probably only has 1 real internet connection split many ways. If that's the case, you're almost certainly firewalled unless you can ask the ISP to forward ports for you.

Archived