[Sugestion] A trackers list

menosferato

Hey guys,

I use your program for quite sometime, and it's being improved quite often.

I would like to see a list with the trackers (and their status) in the main screen where we have only one tracker at a time (and changes every second).

If possible, the list could look like any other list (pieces, peers, files, etc) and be placed in General tab, in place of "Trackers" information we have there.

Would that be possible?

Great work on this program! :)

It's already my default torrent client.

Cya

Sure this would be possible, but why? The general tab is crowded enough already. We dont need to be taking up more space with things that are largely irrelevant.

If you have a good reason for wanting this, then i suggest it is done in the individual torrent properties. With the top text area changed into a list box with two columns, one for tracker address, the second for the status of that tracker if known.

That's OK.

I just thought it would make more sense having a list of trackers than one tracker information a time. I know it would be "another list" in the interface... but it's my point of view.

Sometimes we have like 10 or 15 trackers, and we have to wait sometime to get its information updated in the screen for 1 second.

Anyway... that's why I said "suggestion" in the title.

Keep up the good work!

Dont download public torrents very often, and i must admit the most trackers i have ever seen in one torrent comes no where near the 10-15 mark. But sure I can see where you feel there is need for improvement, but not at the expense of crowding the general tab.

Well that technically isnt the same thing Ultima, both suggestions should be combined. A more detailed torrent properties dialog with the two columns i suggested. And slowing down how fast the general tab goes thru the trackers to give people more time to read the errors.

I was actually referring to the exact post I linked to, not the thread itself (my post being about the tracker tab, and not about slowing the cycling down) :P

IMHO, a tracker tab is better than having a list in the properties from a design consistency point of view. Checking the torrent properties to look at tracker status is like saying that the General tab should be stuffed in the torrent properties too :o I just don't see the torrent properties as the place to look at torrent statistics at all. At the same time, though, a full-blown tracker tab is overkill for most torrents, as they generally have at most a handful of trackers (and usually only have one). Dunno.

Edit: Tiny bit of rewording...

Archived