done everything in the faq but i cant forward ports properly

blairell

Hey guys. I've tried my best to solve these issues by myself and following the faq but i think its time to post here to see if anyone might be able to kindly help me out. here are my details.

I am on bigpond using an alcatel speedtouch modem.

dlink di 524 router.

have forward port 9573 and a few others before it correctly by logging into the router. the port forward test says it appears to not be forwarded properly though. I have tried removing and adding this setting again. i have also updated the firmware on the router.

I have disabled my personal software firewall, and am using zonealarm.

I can achieve very slow upload speeds 2-4k occaisionally. even more ocaisionally around 10 k as well. my download speed can be reasonable - up to 50.

utorrent's indicator has an orange exclamation mark.

I have tried disabling dht. i have disabled ip resolving. i have disabled upnp. i have lowered max connections to 50. Lowered net.max_halfopen to 4

Patched TCPIP.sys. peer lazy bitfield is enabled.

the speed test says i have 400k down, and 100 k up.

I am running an hp nw 8440 intel core 2 duo 2ghz, but we have also had no luck with my other older athlon 1600.

thanks very much for anyone that can help me out here!

cheers in advance!

edit:

sorry i was wrong about the modem. its a Thomson, speed touch 530.

I've tried plugging it straight into my computer without the router and i still get the port forwarding problem when i runn the port checker.

oh man. thanks so much. never had a modem with a firewall in it (always used routers plugged into modems), but now it works! your awesome!

thanks. but i have to take one last step. because i need the router between the computer network and the modem, should i be forwarding the ports on the modem to the router (192.168.0.1), and then forward from the router to my computer's ip? or should they go straight to my ip (192.168.0.134 on both the modem and the router)? hope thats easy enough to understand.

thanks again.

Archived