Portforwarding, yes, I know...

split_city

I recently purchased a D-Link G604T. At this stage, I have it connected via an ethernet cable to my PC and also have it connected (via wireless) to a laptop. I set up portforwarding on the PC and it's running ok. However, I continue to get "port not open" on the laptop computer. On the otherhand, I don't get this message if I use a different client such as Azureus i.e. same port number as the one I stated in Utorrent, but Azureus says it's open. The only time Utorrent says the port is open is if I chose a port number which is in use by Azureus (I still get a listen error though).

Both PC and the laptop have XP and rules have been set up in the Windows firewall.

Sorry, I meant port forwarding the router. I have tried manual port forwarding, UPnP and 1.7 Beta version but it's still not working. Why would port forwarding work with another client?

Edit: I don't know what I did, but it fixed itself. I have UPnP checked in utorrent but I unchecked UPnP in my router settings. Perhaps this is what I was supposed to do? Don't know.

hhmm, still having problems :(

PC has IP address xx.x.x.3 while laptop has IP address xx.x.x.2

In the advanced settings for the router, I have unchecked UPnP

(Router settings) Advanced settings --> virtual server --> LAN IP (has two addresses; one for PC and the other for the laptop). For each address, I portforwarded a port for utorrent (different port for each computer). This work for the PC but not the laptop.

I have unchecked UPnP in utorrent, tried the most up-to-date utorrent (on both systems) and also some older versions of utorrent

Yep, I have checked the listening port many times but it hasn't helped. The only firewall installed on the computer is the windows XP one. Turned that off and that didn't work either :(

would it have anything to do with the fact the laptop is connected via wireless? I have used this laptop with my previous modem (connected via ethernet cable) and it portforwarded before

I don't know...just giving possible ideas.

If I had hands-on there, I could probably fix it...though it might take a couple hours to figure out everything that's going on.

Even spyware and/or viruses can cause firewalled conditions.

...So that's something to look for too.

Archived