Trackers ALWAYS time out after update?

shane8960

Hi,

Im using uTorrent and windows xp (sp2) I believe everything is setup correct as when I first open uTorrent after a long period of not using it all of my torrents begin downloading as normal, however after an hour or so once the trackers update they ALWAYS time out? the only way I can get them to connect again is to close uTorrent for a long time (usually overnight, not tried any shorter periods) and then it will work fine again until the trackers try and update?

Can anyone help with this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Shane

Hi,

upload limit: 47kB/s

Connections: 90

Max active torrents: 3

Upload slots: 4

Connections (Global): 250

Max active downloads: 2

Im not sure on what my upload speed is, but I did a test and the upstrean speed was 138.98kbps.

Thanks for your help.

Shane

138.98kbps upload bandwidth is about 14-17 KiloBYTES/sec upload speed.

Telling µTorrent to upload at 47 KiloBYTES/sec...will likely cause problems.

So, try the xx/128k setting in Speed Guide (CTRL+G), as that's close to your reported 138.98kbps upload bandwidth.

Ok, I have changed it to xx/128k.

I also ran the patch which tried changing it to 50 (so I assume it was set to 10?) but I changed it to 100. I also changed the half open ports in uTorrent from 8 to 70.

Downloads seem alot quicker now, will wait and see if its fixed the problem with updating trackers.

Thanks for all your advice guys, really appreciated.

The default value of 8 for half open limit in µTorrent is more than sufficient for symmetric 10 megabits/sec lines. Doubly so if they're not firewalled in µTorrent!

When not firewalled, you get a LOT of connections from incoming ips which don't count against the half open limit. On larger torrents, these can number in the 100's just in the first 5-15 minutes alone.

Ok guys, I've changed this back to 8. It worked fine from this morning until about 2 this afternoon, now its just timing out again? Could this be a problem with my router? Its a WAG354G V.2 1.01.54 firmware?

Once again, thanks so much for your help.

Archived