Peers and Seeds

mulder

I am downloading a torrent at the moment and there are over 3000 seeds. I have no problem with that at all but there are over 500 seeds and none ever connect.

I dont think I am the only one with the problem as all the peers are at the same downloaded percentage (93.1) as I am. No one has 100% of the file and every one has 93.1%. There use to be seeds but none now. This has been going on for days.

This is the only torrent that it happens too. All other torrents are working fine except this one.

Any ideas?

mulder

Seeders may be leaving after having all their bandwidth sucked out by hostile ips.

They THINK they've helped the torrent swarm, they've uploaded more than their fair share, other (FAKE) seeds are reported by the tracker...so why stick around indefinitely?

i like to seed 24/7 and find i get faster dl speed for doing this. what i need to know is how many torrents should i seed when i am not downloading? 1 or 2 or all of them or just the ones with low numbers (seeds & peers) please tell me what is best!! much mahalo & aloha

You should not split your upload so thin that each upload slot gets less than 1 KiloBYTE/sec upload speed.

So if you're uploading at 20 KiloBYTES/sec total, then you shouldn't have more than 5 torrents with 4 upload slots at absolute WORST.

And really, to be a good seeder for a torrent, you should try to give at least 3 KiloBYTES/sec per upload slot. That way, you completely upload a whole piece quicker so someone else has something to share too.

While downloading, it is even better to have a decent upload speed per upload slot -- since if you're giving less than 3 KiloBYTES/sec per upload slot...MOST peers may not give you back anything at all!

Archived