need help Port Forwarding

yusky03

i tryed to turn my modem to bridge but whenever i do i loose my internet connection and there is no username and password for me to copy... is there any guide to do a Chain Port Forward because i don't know what to fill in, in places like ENET ENCAP Gateway

and when i tryed to set it to bridge there were all these other setting under bridge

Encapsulation PPPoA \ *RFC 1483*

Multiplex VC \ *LLC*

Virtual Circuit ID

VPI *8*

VCI *35*

ATM QoS Type CBR \ *UBR* \ VBR

Cell Rate

Peak Cell Rate *0* cell/sec

Sustain Cell Rate *0* cell/sec

Maximum Burst Size *0*

** Current setting

and i am asuming that one of these is wrong

Go to your router's configuration page and find out its "WAN" IP address, which should be an internal IP address on your modem's subnet. Make it static, the connect your computer directly to the modem. From there, enter the modem configuration page and forward the port to the router. Reconnect your router, and if you haven't already done so, forward from the router to your computer.

looks like yusky03 is using scheme on alcatel to his router config.

i don't think i am doing that because i have no idea what you just said :)

Go to your router's configuration page and find out its "WAN" IP address, which should be an internal IP address on your modem's subnet. Make it static, the connect your computer directly to the modem. From there, enter the modem configuration page and forward the port to the router. Reconnect your router, and if you haven't already done so, forward from the router to your computer.

the config page for the linksys or the zyxel and were in the setting should i find it?

thanks for all your help

yusky03

yeah i can get to the routers config page but i can not find were it says the wan ip... is it call something different because i have look all through the settings i have even searched for were the wan ip is located on the router with no luck

Archived