No connection at all - utorrent in school

sera

Hi,

since I spend quite a lot of time in the computer rooms in school I want to be able to share some things while I'm working.

I usually run utorrent from a USB stick (which works just fine)

The problem is: I can't connect to anything. I get two errors: Error opening Windows firewall: 0x80070005 and Unable to map UPnP Port.

Like I said, I'm in school (and I'm a student) which means that I don't have the freedom to configurate the computer the way I want.

I found one open port (the ftp port), tested it via the Speed Guide in utorrent, everything seemed ok. I tried configuring some things via portforward.com, but that didn't work either.

I don't know the name of my router nor the exact internet configurations of my school's network... That's why I post my question here.

Thanks,

sera

Im not to sure here but i would say your school would have protection setup on the network to only allow certain programs to run on this network, Ask your schools network admintrator about this but i am sure the schools network setup is what is stopping you from being able to use utorrent and probably any other torrent download clents as well.

Archived