trojan thread with beta 1875

berni2k

today i updated from 1703 to 1875 and while there was just a warnig window with 1703 changeing the registry while setting "start utorrent on system startup" there is now a trojan alert while doing so

the warning is normal because of the "proactive defense" feature of kaspersky

but there shouldnt be a virus alert with it like it is now with 1875

so i guess the latest beta must have got a new way to set itself to start while system startup which csuases kaspersky to false detect a trojan ... could this be fixed? maybe with the old way it was before ..

together with kaspersky also other anti trojan software causes false detections now which havent been there with the old beta (eg windows defender had no problem with 1703 system startup but now with 1875 it alerts too)

thx

Did you try the uncompressed version of beta 1875?

That is the least likely to cause false positives in AV and anti-spyware software.

The compression methods themselves are sometimes flagged as possible viruses or spyware by AV and anti-spyware software.

Use NOD32 :)

It's the best, most intelligent, and most secure. Never had a false positive. Never let a virus through. Doesn't bog-down my system, and updates multiple times a day (each update is < 10kb too!).

That's what I use, at least when I'm on Windows. On Linux, I don't have to worry :)

I've seen other people complaining about NOD32's of false positives. NOD32 has given many users grief in conjunction with P2P (though that's mostly the fault of the IMON component). Everything you said about NOD32, can be said for KAV as well.

http://tech.cybernetnews.com/2006/09/04/and-the-best-antivirus-is/

http://www.virus.gr/english/fullxml/default.asp?id=85 (more updated)

@Firon: thx for pointing that out .. now i know i have to search somewhere else

@Ultima: i agree with you 100% (i used nod32 for a long time and some weeks ago i changed to kaspersky mostly because of better vista support in my oppinion)

i got an other idea: with 1875 i said yes while first starting utorrent that it should install into program folder and make startup items because of the auto update feature for betas i thought this would integrate well ... i didnt do that with the old versions

Seriously?

I have eMule, DCC, and uTorrent running 24/7 almost, and never have any issues with NOD32's IMON component.

You have to manually upgrade to the latest minor build (for some odd reason it isn't auto-detected) to get around a couple of Vista bugs. I believe newest is 2.70.39 or so.

Archived