The sound in the "about" box

zebulon

Meh this sounds like it's turning into the discussion that we had last month... No one's going to be staring at the About box 24/7, or even 6 times a day for that matter, so it doesn't really matter how the About box looks. Let the devs have their fun =P

(I think it looks alright, by the way)

It is supposed to be a "code". Read the story: http://www.thx.com/trailers/

And it is "small" because back in 1984 there were no "big" codes.

It sound loud because humans hear some of the frequences better than others, actually the too high and too low freq's sound softer. To not sound so loud either the whole sound must be quieter or just the middle part. But in the first case, you wont hear some of the frequences, but in the second case the sound characteristics would be different. In both cases the main purpose of the sound - testing the sound system, won't be applicable.

It's not a midi sound' date=' it's created by only 20 lines of code...I doubt you can call that "bloat". ;)[/quote']

How do you know about the code part? Is uTorrent's sourcecode available to the public?

No, the source code is not public, but I know about it because Ludde told a few of us that it's not a midi file but that the sound is created by about 20 lines of code. ;)

can that same shine sound play when download completet? might as well since the codes in uTorrent. just need a check box in the general box.

ahh to think of it. nah not that usefull unless we can use our own wav files..

Yeah, thatd be cool.

I like the background in the about box. It doesnt look baad it looks cool.

Archived