show_in_tray Advanced Option

the.only.id.left

If you have show_in_tray enabled, it will always show the icon in the system tray. If you set it to false, the icon is hidden if you don't close/minimize µTorrent to tray (if it's visible in the taskbar, then it's not there in the system tray). When you do close/minimize µTorrent to tray, the tray icon will show up.

What I do is just change the tray icon. You can do this by just adding an icon file named tray.ico to the utorrent dir. My two favourites are microsoft anti-spyware icon and a clear blank icon. You can also have windows collapse the tray so the tray icon is hiding untill you make it big again. Little things like that help, also you can rename the utorrent.exe to whatever you want and it will show up as a process as ___.exe. be creative..

Or you can install the sonyrootkit at:)

is there any way of hiding it from both the taskbar and the system tray completely, and opening it by using a combination of keystrokes (like shift + F2 or something), i need to hide it, but i don't mind if it shows up in task manager... is there anyway of doing that?

I can vouche that the 3rd Party apps that have been listed are good.

Archived