utorrent and other clients to have a set upload rate?

minimaxa

Hi Guys,

Know this has more than likely been mentioned before but I think it's time to raise the subject again.

What are you thoughts on a set built in upload rate for every client and every peer of at least 2 to 5 kbs. It seems to me that many just leech with no or very low upload rate and I know that if you lower your upload rate it shapes your download speed but I don't think a minimum built in rate of 2-5 kbs is too much too ask even for a 56k line. My uploads are not counted in my plan and I'm sure others are on a similar connection.

Fair enough if you can't or don't wan't to seed but if your going to download you should contribute something tangible! cheers

a bit late pal :)

µTorrent has a built in minimum upload speed of 5KB/s. If you use a lower upload rate then 5KB/s uT will limit your download rate to 6 times the upload limit (in other words, if you set the upload limit to 4KB/s, uT will limit the download to 24KB/s).

thats great, is that the same with other clients?

utorrent still lets you lower the speed though some people might not work it out why there dl speed is so slow or use the optimum speed guide settings. should be a little notice advising people of this and to stay above 5kb/s if they want fast dl's when they change the upload rate in connection settings?

thanks

Archived