µTorrent doesn't "clean up" when quit?

VenQWish

It appears that µTorrent doesn't report to the tracker that you end a download when you exit the program. I've seen a few topics about stats not getting updated but that it has been fixed.

But now I've quit the program a few times to test it, and the tracker keeps me as leeching the torrent. I open up the prog again, exit, another torrent I'm "leeching". The only solution is wait untill it times out so it seems... The stats also do not update (pretty logical I guess, same prob). Anyone else experiencing this?

I'm using 1.2 btw.

Well... sort of... but on the site i use the fault is the tracker.... it does not immediately close the running torrent, but after about 1 minute, the tracker is updated and the website is generated.... I dont think that it is UT's fault in most cases, since there may allways be a deley in transporting the tracker info to the database and have the website read it out to present it via the web...

I'm pretty sure that was the source of my update problem as well. With Azureus, I'd just exit the program, do whatever I wanted to do at the time, then come back and start up Azureus again, and the tracker was updated correctly. With µtorrent, I have to got to my tracker page, log in, log out (to update my ip), then stop my torrents in µtorrent, wait, and then exit the program. Not sure why the difference, but it's the only "annoying" thing I've yet to find in the client.

Archived