switching from azureus

timmay28

I am willing to try utorrent and just uninstalled azureus. After downloading utorrent, I picked "yes" when prompted to choose whether I wanted it as my default bitorrent downloader. However, when I attempt to download a torrent I get a windows message saying something to the effect of "torrent could not be opened, because the associated helper application does not exist. Change the association in your preferences."

Where exactly in windows xp is such preferences located?

you should try saving the .torrent file to your hard drive FIRST, and then double click it to open. Or use the "add torrent.." option in utorrent. (as opposed to trying to directly open from the web)

If all else fails, try restarting your computer first, then see if it let's you click the association button... that usually fixes problems of any sort..

hmm, well the save it to the hard drive route works... thanks.

I'm just curious why this windows message pops up if I just double click on a torrent like I used to with Azureus.

I installed the beta and it allowed me to push the assoc button, but the same msg still comes up if I double click.

Anyhow, right clicking and "save as" works so I guess this isn't worth worrying about.

timmay28

switching to uTorrent is a much easier transition, compared to Azureus, uTorrent is so easy to use and intuitive it requires no learning curve specially if you were an Advanced user in Azureus

also any file that you were hosting / download in Azureus can be continued from uTorrent.

it's so easy you can't believe it

not to mention uTorrent works sooooooo much better, and problem free, compared to annoying memory hog and laggy Azureus

LOL :D

Archived