Connection Question

acappella_jg

I am at a private university, and it will not allow me to download through utorrent. It will show how many seeds and how many peers, but it wont download. I have an HTTP tunnel for regular browsing, but it's low bandwidth, but even with that enabled it wont let me download. What settings do I need to use, or what do I need to do to be able to download? Plus, if needed, whats a good FREE (high bandwidth) tunnelling program? Thanks for the help.

• 4 months later...
I have an HTTP tunnel for regular browsing, but it's low bandwidth, but even with that enabled it wont let me download. What settings do I need to use, or what do I need to do to be able to download? Plus, if needed, whats a good FREE (high bandwidth) tunnelling program? Thanks for the help.

I have the same problem. I use HTTP-tunnel, and then µTorrent running through SocksCap. It works, but the speed is only cca 5kB/s.

There's also one big problem. When using HTTP-Tunnel, µTorrent almost every times stopped responding. You can see the icon of µTorrent on the system tray, but whne you click there, nothing happen... :-(

One question to authors: have you tested µTorrent on HTTP-Tunnel and SocksCap? Please, look at it :-).

Thanks a lot.

Archived