Wasted Data nd Done data diff =\

Shaheir

dus it really waste dis much data .. or wat =\

Is that English or what?

Anyway, yes, BitTorrent (not uTorrent in particular) *can* be wasteful. Usually the "wasted" data is pieces of the download that have failed the hashcheck. Either from corrupted data transfer or someone sending bogus data.

The upside is that you always know that the file will never be corrupted once it's complete because the client's done so much work ensuring it's fine!

It totally depends on the torrent you're downloading and the peers you're downloading from. It might be a fake torrent (which this doesn't seem to be though) and as jibba said, some peers send you bad data. µTorrent has got nothing to do with it. i.e. if you download anything from TPB (piratebay), you will most likely end up with a high amount of wasted data.

yea i am talking in english.

i am saying that utorrent is either showing wrong wasted data or is it really wasting that much data because no other client wastes this much data (except bitcomet). so was just reconfirming as the downloaded data and the done data and are same and the percentage is fine as well but the wasted data is too much.

I am lucky enough to get torrents from the same site as you. And it must be the peers that you connected to for that particular torrent. I've never gotten that many bad pieces. I've scene a couple failed hash checks here and there but nothing to your magnitude.

Its not uTorrorent.

----

Shoot the messenger not the sender.

Archived