torrent with multiple trackers in it / problem

DrLamok

Just encountered problem while trying to download torrent which has 4 trackers.

here is situation:

- 3 of them ( trackers) give me error "requested download is not authorized to use with this tracker"

- one of them (last one on the list) is working properly

but uTorrent wont even try to connect to last one ! i assume it is some kind of bug. i think it should rotate to use next tracker from the list in case of any problems with 1st of them, not only when its not-connectable. thats cruel, i HAVE working tracker on the list.. but i am not downloading at all.. uTorrent wont ask that tracker for peers

---

Solution for me was to delete manually those 3 trackers giving errors and leaving on the list only good one..

DrLamok

BTW:

I think info on succesfull connection or problems with trackers should be also dumped to logger *thing* in its basic form ( not verbose ), there should be also info on added files, deleted files, completed downloads.. and so on.. like it is done in eMule for example

• 1 month later...

Remember the multitracker specs - You have tracker GROUPS. If all servers in the same group, it will try accessing them one by one, starting from the first and moving on if it fails.

If they are in four seperate groups, then it is trying to connect to all of them at once.

Archived