New U-torrent user

sami

hey, Im a Bittornado user who just switched to u-torrent. I received no errors about NAT or any firewall types. I dont know if its because im using Norton's firewall and disabling windows. my speeds were d:10 kbps u:9kbps. I went ahead and opened two ports over 10000 for u- torrent with my router and even manually did with the tcp, udp method, i read that utorrent only uses one port and i used 2, will that affect anything?. My speeds have greatly increased up to 100-120, but not all torrents are like that,some have limited me to 25-35 kbps. But im wondering, am i still firewalled or limited in my connection? with bittornado, the light meter helped as it showed me if i was firwalled or not. can anyone direct me step by step to configure my preferences to allow fastest speed possible. I have cable internet and with bittornado i had speeds of 160+. In the preferences for my listening port i have 10001 put there and i allow uPnp port mapping, is this correct? I really like this client and i want to get the most out of it , so can someone please direct me?! by the way, im using version 1.2. thanks!

Check the statusbar in µTorrent. If it says "Network OK" or (I think) UPNP [some port number], you should be fine. The preferences should have 10000 as the port if that's the port you opened in the router. It sounds like your port forwarding is working fine, seeing as how your speeds increased more than 10-fold.

BTW, no cross posting, please. It clutters the forum =P

Archived